It’s inevitable that we are all going to get older; at some stage in our lives we will look in the mirror and wonder where the years have gone. As we get older we may start to notice physical changes and experiencing more health problems as a result.
Some of the most common of these amongst those aged over 60 are:
Also known as Osteoarthritis, this is a degenerative disease which is characterised by the breakdown of your cartilage in between your joints. You will know if this is happening because it can be very painful and sore every time you move, especially if you are walking up flights of stairs.
In your home you want to reduce the pain associated with this as much as possible. This is why investing in stairlifts from stannahstairlifts.co.uk/ would be perfect, giving you a way to move around your home in relative comfort.
High blood pressure
Maintaining a good blood pressure is essential for a healthy body. Many over 60s experience high blood pressure due to a number of factors and the condition increases your chance of experiencing heart attacks or strokes.
Whilst gentle exercise is good, you still have to be careful. If you do get worn out walking up stairs then it is probably best that you get look at the services offered by Stannah stair lift UK. This way you can save yourself the struggle of getting up the stairs.
Just like high blood pressure, high cholesterol can also be extremely dangerous for over 60s as well. The older you get the more you should think about what you are eating. Some foods even provide health benefits so always remember to take note of this.
Going for a nice gentle walk or cycle can help lower your cholesterol so get off the sofa and get active.
If you are over 60, always remember to get your annual flu jab. Your immune system isn’t as good as it used to be, so make sure you take extra precautions as this where necessary.
Plastic surgery is something that is affordable today and available not only to celebs but also to everyone who wants to better their appearance and look attractive and beautiful once again. The effects of plastic surgery can be really drastic and you can finally get that smashing body back.
Make sure you research Breast augmentation Beverly hills before you invest into any surgery. This type of operation is performed for different reasons such as correcting the shape of the breast after pregnancy, correct the imbalance in breast size or simply enlarging them.
Before you go into surgery just like before a Tummy tuck los angeles or any other surgical procedure you have to talk to a doctor to asses your health and possible complications. It’s extremely important to have realistic expectations and understand that perfection is a subjective thing and what is beautiful to some people may be not so for others.
The prognosis depends on the stage of cancer in each region.
- Cancers of the aerodigestive tract: in general, the closer you locate the mouth cancer, the better the prognosis. This could be due to the fact that it is easier to detect early-stage tumors in the region of the mouth and lip. Small tumors have a cure rate of 75 to 95%. Even many of the tumors that have spread to the lymph nodes are potentially curable, but the cure rate decreased in larger tumors or tumors that have spread.
- Lips and mouth: the initial stages has a cure rate of 90 to 100% More advanced stages have a cure rate of 65 to 90% if the cancer has not spread to lymph nodes in the neck. Cancers that have spread to lymph nodes or other body areas tend to have a poorer prognosis. Read the rest of this entry »
The type of treatment usually depends on the level of tumor dissemination (called “phase” of the tumor). In most head and neck cancers, the stage is determined by the size of the tumor and whether it has invaded nearby tissues, lymph nodes or other body areas.
Tumors of the upper aerodigestive tract: tumors are usually treated with radiation alone or radiation and surgery. This could include chemotherapy to improve outcomes of surgery and radiation. In general, the more acute the intervention, the longer the recovery.
Salivary glands: small tumors at an early stage can be treated with surgery alone. Larger tumors scattered and generally require radiation after surgery. Tumors that can not be removed with surgery are treated with radiation or chemotherapy. Read the rest of this entry »
Once manifested, the cancer continues to grow and will spread until it is given.
To reduce the risk of head and neck cancer, you could:
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, cigars or pipes. If you smoke, ask your doctor about ways to help you quit
- avoid chewing or sucking snuff
- avoid alcohol as well as being a risk factor, alcohol abuse or alcoholism may multiply the risk of head and neck cancer in people who also use snuff
- practice good oral hygiene
- visit your dentist regularly, a dental deep includes a routine inside the mouth. Read the rest of this entry »
Your doctor will ask about your symptoms and if you smoke, chew or suck snuff or drink alcohol. You might also ask about your diet, race, occupation and history of exposure to radiation. Then, review and pay particular attention to your mouth, throat, nose, ears and lymph nodes in his neck. If you detect a lump or suspicious lymph nodes, your doctor will refer you to a specialist biopsy, which removes a small sample of skin and examined in a laboratory. Based on your symptoms and location of the lump or lymph node, the doctor may be a specialist in ear, nose and throat, maxillofacial surgeon or general surgeon.
Once cancer is diagnosed, other tests will be made to determine the spread of cancer.
The main way to evaluate head and neck tumors is a procedure called endoscopy fiberoptic. The doctor inserts a flexible fiberscope into the nose to examine areas that could be cancerous. This procedure can be used to examine the upper airway, larynx, lungs and esophagus, and nasal passages and sinuses. Read the rest of this entry »
Symptoms of head and neck cancer vary according to location:
- Lips and mouth could see or feel a lump, an open wound, a bleeding area, a patch with an abnormal white or red pigmentation inside the mouth or lip. There may be persistent sore throat, ear pain, discomfort when chewing or swallowing, or jaw inflamed (swollen).
- Throat and larynx: symptoms include hoarseness, pain or difficulty swallowing, pain in the neck, jaw or ear, a lump or swelling in the neck or a feeling of obstruction in the throat.
- Salivary glands: the most common symptom is a slow growing lump on the cheek, under the chin, on the tongue or the palate. Sometimes the lump causes pain. Read the rest of this entry »
The head and neck cancer begins with abnormal cell growth. These cancer cells multiply uncontrollably forming a tumor. As the tumor grows, it can form a lump, a sore, a surface patch of abnormal tissue and colorless or white. Without treatment, the tumor can invade and destroy nearby bones and soft tissues. Finally, you can spread (metastasize) to lymph nodes in the neck and other body organs.
In many cases, the head and neck cancer are caused by carcinogens, substances that cause cancer.
Such substances include chemicals found in smoke snuff, snuff in smokeless (chewing) and snuff snuff. Alcohol abuse or alcoholism may also contribute to head and neck cancer. The disease is especially prevalent in those who smoke and drink alcohol. In addition to the following classification, the head and neck cancer includes the classification of cancers of the larynx (voice box), soft palate and hard palate and salivary gland tumors, including the parotid glands. Read the rest of this entry »
Some people prefer sweet foods while others are salivating for a snack salty. In life, they say “everything is a matter of taste”, but sometimes there are people who may have this distorted sense and even totally canceled. Can you imagine a life without taste? Read on and find out about this sense that sometimes we do not give due importance.
Taste is one of our five senses in addition to the touch, sight, hearing and smell. As the eyes you can see and smell the nose, the tongue is responsible for detecting knows how every meal.
To this end, the tongue has what are called taste buds (in total, is about 10 000!), Which are connected to the brain nerve fibers. Taste buds are located in different areas of language and, according to these areas, the tongue then is able to detect the basic tastes: sweet, salty, sour or bitter. Read the rest of this entry »
To avoid any of these problems, you can follow the following recommendations if done daily, will help keep your skin healthy and moisturized:
- Keep your diabetes under control.
- Drink plenty of fluids, preferably water, so your skin is hydrated and healthy.
- Keep your skin clean and dry. To do this, use a mild soap, body lotion and talc after washing in areas where the skin may be wet, as under the arms (armpit), under the breasts, between the legs (in English) and between the toes.
- Avoid very hot water shower and take long baths or foam. When you dry, do it gently, do not rub.
- Check the skin after washing and make sure you have dry, red or sore that can become infected. If you can not do it alone, get help. Read the rest of this entry »